When it comes to losing weight from the body, many experts advise yoga for weight loss. The regular practice of yoga not only supports your physical and mental development but also helps you to create the best version of yourself. Yoga for weight loss is the best trick that can use to relax your body. You can try different active forms of yoga to maintain your shape and weight. Many experts think that yoga can bring different healthy changes to your life. So if you want to adopt that healthy life to practice yoga can be your new choice. Just remember you have to follow the complete weight loss diet plan with your yoga sessions. Moreover, consistency is important.
Is yoga good for weight loss?
Asana yoga poses where developed in the 20th century. During those days these poses were known from different names like:
All these yoga poses developed to release mental health problems and the fat burn process. We live in a world where there are so much stress and depression. To feel relax and calm Yoga helps a lot. It also slows your mind down while you are angry. In 2016 the latest study was done in America. It includes that 36.7 million people were doing yoga every day. It not only helps you in weight loss but also helps you become more energetic and fresh. The following are the benefits that you can get after performing yoga.
- It helps your physical body. This includes flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Yoga helps you with stress and depression.
- You become more active and energetic.
- It helps you to overcome different health problems.
- Moreover, you feel positive.
Weight loss yoga for beginners
If you are new to yoga than I would prefer you to do 10 minutes sessions each day. There are many websites and applications which tell you to do 30 minutes of sessions. It can be hard for you for the first time. So try these 10 minutes of yoga to start your day. Remember to breathe in and out while you perform these poses. To accomplish these poses, you need a yoga mat and yoga blocks. In case you don’t have yoga blocks you can use a pillow to relax your head.
This pose will help you to strengthen your core and thighs. Follow the below steps to perform this pose.
- Stand with the help of your big toes and touch your heels slightly apart parallel to the second toe.
- Lift and spread your toes and then slowly lay them down on the floor.
- Engage your thighs and lower body belly.
- Close your eyes for just seconds and bring your hands near to heart.
- Hold your breath for a maximum 3 seconds.
- This pose will help you to lighten the upper body
This pose will help you to engage your whole body and lower down your stress.
- Sit on the floor. Keep your both legs together and extend them toward forward.
- Keep your thighs to the angle of the floor but lifting your feet off the floor while your shins remain on the floor.
- Extend your arms toward the legs.
- Keep your torso lifted to give strength to your body.
- Hold this pose for at least about 10 seconds in the beginning and 30 sections after the intermediate level.
- Repeat this at least 5-6 times.
- This yoga for weight loss will especially help you to engage your cores.
Warrior Flow Pose – Yoga for weight loss
This pose will help you to engage your thighs, shoulders, and core. Among that will help you strengthen your sides of the body, ton your arms.
- Extend your arms out to the side. Remember both arms should be at should height.
- Step your feet apart so that they are under your wrists.
- Keep your outer edge of back parallel to the mat and point your front toes forward.
- Bend your knee and line it up toward the front ankle.
- In this way, you will come to Warrior Flow pose.
- Remember while doing this pose doesn’t join your legs.
- Repeat this process 5 times as beginner and 10 times after intermediate level.
- You can switch legs while you feel pain.
Wide Arm Cobra – Yoga for weight loss
This yoga pose is essential to reduce your back pain. However, doctors advise this to strengthen the muscles of the back.
- Lie down on Mat. Your face should be towards the mat.
- Place palms slightly high from the mat.
- Bend your elbows. Like you do for planks.
- Come on fingertips. Keep your fingers hard and don’t put all the weight on them.
- While inhaling move your body towards the head. Bend your chest backward.
- Keep your spine long with keeping your arms straighten.
- Hold this pose for 10 breaths but don’t overburden your body.
Half Forward Bend
This pose is excellent for hamstrings, back, and hips. While doing this pose, you should focus on bending your lower body. Proper inhaling and exhaling are required. This is the best yoga for weight loss and will bring flexibility to your body.
- Press your palms into the floor. Palms should be beside your feet.
- While inhaling straighten your elbow and keep your torso away from your thighs.
- Keep your back against the floor and lift your sternum.
- You may have to twist your knees to help get this movement which will curve your back.
All these yoga poses for weight loss would not only help you in fat burn but also help you to become more active and energetic throughout the day. To perform them with great care.
Many people think that yoga can damage body muscles and can end up in serious injury. Rather than blaming your instructor try to perform them with great care. In other words, don’t overburden your body with excess yoga. Therefore perform just for 10 minutes in the beginning and increase the time slowly. In addition to that chose a comfortable spot for yoga and keep your mind fresh. Most importantly you have to follow a proper weight loss diet plan to burn fat as the following yoga for weight loss will not help alone.